The mission of the Fannin County Children’s Center is promoting safety and improving the lives of abused and neglected children. Our work on safety has taken an unprecedented turn during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
At the Children’s Center, we have been working diligently to make changes and adjustments in order to ensure health and safety of all, while still providing many critical and essential services.
Child abuse has not stopped during the pandemic, and neither have we.
Most of our staff are back in the office and some work is still being done from home. Our counselors quickly learned and started telehealth so therapy can continue remotely. CASA volunteers and staff are making it a priority to have regular contact with our kids via Facetime, Skype or other visual app. Court hearings, staff meetings, case review meetings, advocacy and other work are being conducted via Zoom, phone calls, emails, etc.
Staff are coming in to the office to conduct forensic interviews in-person as needed for our partners in CPS and law enforcement.
The office is generally open daily, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm with a limited number of staff.
We will continue to monitor the situation and adapt as needed. By working together, being flexible and helping one another, we will get through this trying time.
In this troubled and trying time, please be intentional about taking care of your physical and mental health. There is a lot of sadness and grief about cancelled activities, worry about job and food security, stress and fatigue over so many changes, decisions and learning to do during this public health care crisis. We too, are worried that we will soon be seeing more physical abuse, depression and suicides. So please….
Take time for self care.
Give yourself and others a bit of extra grace.
Check in on your friends, families and neighbors.
Help others when you can. Ask for help when you need it.
We are all in this together.
We will get through this tough time together.
Wash your hands and wear a mask!
Fannin County Children’s Center
Food resources in Fannin County
- Feeding Fannin – free food boxes on most Friday mornings – check the Feeding Fannin Facebook page for the latest announcements and details
- Tuesday Super Supper – The Breakfast Stop and Feeding Fannin are offering to-go dinners on Tuesdays from 4-5 pm at the Family Life Center in Bonham – see the Facebook page for Feeding Fannin for the latest details
- 7th & Main Baptist Church - is currently giving away free, prepared meals on Sundays at 11 am and Wednesdays at 6 pm – check the Facebook page of 7th & Main for the latest details
- Blessing Box – at First Presbyterian Church in Bonham – look for the cabinet box attached to the brick building, near the corner of 9th and Main – take what you need or give what you can
- Fannin County Community Ministries – Food pantry at 1022 Farm-to-Market Road 273, Bonham, Texas 75418, (903) 583-3663 – Generally open 8 am to noon on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- 211 – call 211 for additional resources for food and other basic needs or go to www.211.org