April is Child Abuse Awareness Month.
Go Blue Day – April 14, 2023
Go Blue day is Friday, April 14, 2023 in Texas. It’s a day to wear blue in honor and memory of child abuse victims. Wear blue, take some photos and post them!
Suggested hashtags include:
If you are willing to let us post your photo too, please tag us or email them to us at email@example.com.
Paint the Town Blue
We encourage participation and creativity on Go Blue Day and throughout the month of April. Put on your creative thinking caps and figure out how to “Paint our Town Blue.” Also, pinwheels are a symbol used by Children’s Advocacy Centers and child abuse prevention efforts across the country. Some ideas include:
- Decorate your place with blue ribbons, blue lights and/ or blue pinwheels.
- For downtown businesses, paint your windows with messages and designs in blue.
- Tie blue ribbons around trees or poles.
- Post the slogan “No Excuse for Child Abuse” on your outdoor marquee signs
- Raise funds for the Children’s Center by having a Blue Jean Day at your workplace. Employees who donate $5 get to wear blue jeans to work.
- Get blue light bulbs for your front porch.
- Get creative, like the students at LH Rather Junior High, who stuck blue plastic cups in the fence and to spell out “No Excuse for Child Abuse.”
- Get Blue Shirts & Signs for your business, church, school or home.
Blue Sunday – April 30, 2023
On the last Sunday of April, faith communities across our country are asked to pray for abused and neglected children, as well as the volunteers and professionals who work with them. Go to www.BlueSunday.org for more ideas and resources