April is Child Abuse Awareness Month.
Go Blue Day – April 9
Go Blue day is Friday, April 9, 2021 in Texas. It’s a day to wear blue in honor and memory of child abuse victims. Wear blue, take some photos and post them!
We encourage participation and creativity on Go Blue Day. Put on your thinking caps and figure out how to “Go Blue.” Also, this year we are using pinwheels, which are a symbol used by Children’s Advocacy Centers across the country. Some ideas include:
- Decorate your place with blue ribbons, blue lights and/ or blue pinwheels.
- Encourage everyone at your school or business to wear blue on Go Blue Day and get a group photo or simply send us a selfie in blue.
- Tie blue ribbons around trees or poles.
- Post the slogan “No Excuse for Child Abuse” on your outdoor marquee signs
- Raise funds for the Children’s Center by having a Blue Jean Day at your workplace. Employees who donate $5 get to wear blue jeans to work.
- Get blue light bulbs for your front porch.
- Get creative, like the students at LH Rather Junior High, who stuck blue plastic cups in the fence and to spell out “No Excuse for Child Abuse.”
- Get Blue Shirts & Signs for your business, church, school or home.
If you are willing to let us post your photo too, please email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Sunday – April 25
On the last Sunday of April, faith communities across our country are asked to pray for abused and neglected children, as well as the volunteers and professionals who work with them. #BlueSunday