Go Blue Contest
This contest is designed to encourage participation and creativity on Go Blue Day. Put on your thinking caps and figure out how to Go Blue. You might decorate your place with blue ribbons, blue lights and “No Excuse for Child Abuse” signs. You might ask everyone at your school or business to wear blue and get a group photo or simply send us a selfie in blue. In the past, several of our local papers added “No Excuse for Child Abuse” to their mastheads and students at LH Rather Junior High used blue solo cups stuck in their fence to spell out “No Excuse for Child Abuse.” We loved these creative ideas and want to encourage more of it! (See below for more ideas.)
How to Enter
- To enter our contest, send us your photos by midnight, April 7, 2017 to email@example.com.
- Be sure to tell us a little bit about your photo too. For example, who is in your photo and/or where it was taken.
- By submitting photos, you are also giving us permission to post them on our agency website and social media pages.
We will announce the contest winners on our agency website and social media by April 13.
We will give prizes for at least 3 categories:
- Most Creative
- Most Spirited
- Best Selfie
Depending on the number of entries, we reserve the right to divide entries into categories such as individuals, businesses, schools, organizations, etc.
Cash prizes for top winners, plus blue shirts, yard signs & other items with “No Excuse for Child Abuse” on it.
Need some ideas?
- Tie blue ribbons around trees or poles.
- Post the slogan “No Excuse for Child Abuse” on your outdoor marquee signs and take a group photo (in blue, of course).
- Wear blue to work on Go Blue Day – April 7, 2017
- Raise funds for the Children’s Center by having a Blue Jean Day at your workplace. Employees who donate $5 get to wear blue jeans to work.
- Get blue light bulbs for your front porch.
- Get creative, like the students at LH Rather Junior High, who stuck blue plastic cups in the fence and to spell out “No Excuse for Child Abuse.”
- Get Blue Shirts & Signs for your business, church, school or home.
Keep scrolling down and check out what others have done this year or in previous years. Be sure to check out our photo albums too!
Don’t forget to snap some photos and send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on April 7, 2017 so you can have a chance to win! We hope to see lots of Blue and “No Excuse for Child Abuse” all over Fannin County for April!