Go Blue Day in Texas is
Friday, April 5, 2019.
It’s a day where everyone is encouraged to wear blue in support of child abuse victims.
Go Blue & Get Creative!
We encourage participation and creativity on Go Blue Day. Put on your thinking caps and figure out how to Go Blue. You might decorate your place with blue ribbons, blue lights and “No Excuse for Child Abuse” signs. You might ask everyone at your school or business to wear blue and get a group photo or simply send us a selfie in blue. In the past, several of our local papers added “No Excuse for Child Abuse” to their mastheads and students at LH Rather Junior High used blue solo cups stuck in their fence to spell out “No Excuse for Child Abuse.” We loved these creative ideas and want to encourage more of it! (See below for more ideas.)
Share your pics!
- Please send us your photos at email@example.com so we can share too.
- Be sure to tell us a little bit about your photo too. For example, who is in your photo and/or where it was taken.
- By submitting photos, you are also giving us permission to post them on our agency website and social media pages.
Need some ideas?
- Tie blue ribbons around trees or poles.
- Post the slogan “No Excuse for Child Abuse” on your outdoor marquee signs and take a group photo (in blue, of course).
- Wear blue to work on Go Blue Day – April 5, 2019
- Raise funds for the Children’s Center by having a Blue Jean Day at your workplace. Employees who donate $5 get to wear blue jeans to work.
- Get blue light bulbs for your front porch.
- Get creative, like the students at LH Rather Junior High, who stuck blue plastic cups in the fence and to spell out “No Excuse for Child Abuse.”
- Get Blue Shirts & Signs for your business, church, school or home.
Keep scrolling down and check out what others have done this year or in previous years. Be sure to check out our photo albums too!
Don’t forget to snap some photos and send them to us at sandy We hope to see lots of Blue and “No Excuse for Child Abuse” all over Fannin County for April!