Q: Where will your new place be?
A: at the land at the southeast corner of Lee and Albert Broadfoot Streets in Bonham.
Q: How much will it cost?
A: Our campaign goal is to raise $10 million.
• $8 million for construction
• $500,000 for furniture, fixtures and equipment
• $500,000 for future maintenance and operations fund
• $1 million for architect, land and additional contingency funds
Q: How much have you already raised?
A: About $1.7 million (updated 9/9/2021)
Q: How big is your current place? How big will the new place be?
A: Our current building is a little less than 6,000 square feet. The new place will be nearly 4 times bigger – approximately 23,000 square feet.
Q. Do you really need a place that big?
A: The new place is really big, nearly 4 times bigger than our current place. The new center includes space for CPS investigative unit (7 people) to co-locate with us, as well as space for law enforcement and prosecutors. It includes a room for medical exams so victims will no longer have to travel to neighboring counties. The new facility includes room for our future growth. As the two new lakes get built, we anticipate that our county population will grow, which will mean our caseload will grow and we will therefore need to add staff. The new place includes a community/training center side of the building that will give us the space to do more direct services on-site as well as training with our staff, volunteers and multidisciplinary team. We also anticipate letting other nonprofits use the space for free, when we are not using it. More about the Goals for the New Facility.
Q: How long will this take?
A: Great question! We really do not know. We are not sure how long it will take to raise the money needed, as we have nothing similar to compare to in Fannin County. We are hopeful we can raise the money needed in the next 2-3 years.
We have been told that the actual construction process will likely take 10-12 months.
Generally, our plans are that once we raise about $7.5 – $8 million, we will start the process to find our construction contractor. Once we have raised about $8.5 – $9 million, we will break ground. We will raise the last $1-$1.5 million during the 10-12 months it will take to build the new building.
Q: Will there be any naming opportunities?
- Bricks – we plan on having bricks that can be engraved with the name of the donor or a loved one for $100 each. Stay tuned for details.
- Rooms – there are several rooms that can be named for gifts of $10,000 or more; anyone interested should discuss this with the Executive Director.
Donations to name a room or other space do not have to be given all at once. Gifts can be given over the next two to three years.
We have a web-based donor system that would allow a donor to share a donation link to ask their friends and family to join them in giving to have a room named after a loved one. Anyone interested in this should contact Sandy Barber or Andrea Lappin.
Q: What do you need now?
A: There are a variety of ways to help Build the Dream:
- Cash – Donations and pledges of cash. We can accept one time or monthly donations of cash and checks at the center. To make one-time or monthly donations online, click here.
- In-Kind Donations – gifts and pledges of in-kind donations and pro bono services. To make an in-kind pledge (for example, donations of materials, skilled labor, etc.), talk to Sandy Barber or Andrea Lappin.
- Stocks – To donate stocks, talk to Sandy Barber. There can be tax benefits for donating stock directly to the Children’s Center. Talk to your financial advisor for more details.
- IRA Distributions – For those donors who must take distributions from an IRA, there can be tax benefits for donating directly from the IRA to the Children’s Center. Talk to your financial advisor for more info. Talk to Sandy Barber if you have questions about giving logistics.
- North Texas Giving Day – donations made through this online event in September will be designated for our building fund. https://www.northtexasgivingday.org/fanninccc
- Party with a Purpose – host a small gathering of friends and invite us to come and share about the building project. Contact Sandy Barber or Andrea Lappin for more information. (903) 583-4339