Collection Drives for the Rainbow Rooms are a great and fun way for your church, school, business or other organization to provide for the critical needs of the abused, neglected and needy children of Fannin County.
Here’s just a few creative ideas to get you going:
- Undy Sunday –underwear and diapers
- Baby Shower – host a baby shower and collect blankets, clothes, diapers, etc.
- Greeting Card Party – greeting cards for birthdays, “just thinking of you” and holidays
- BooBoo Kits – fun band-aids, first aid supplies, etc.
- Get the Bugs Out – lice medication kits, insect spray, flea spray, rodent traps, etc.
- Bountiful Baskets/Buckets – household cleaners, sponges, brooms, mops, rubber gloves, etc. in laundry baskets or plastic buckets
- Spring cleaning – laundry basket with laundry detergent and household cleaning supplies
- Fresh Start – toothbrush, toothpaste, brush, combs, other personal hygiene products
- Back to School – backpacks, notebook paper, pencils, pens, crayons, notebooks and other supplies
- Coins for Kids – collect coins to donate to the center
- Making Change – collect spare change
- Best Foot Forward – collect new shoes, socks and/or sneakers
- Sock Hop – have a dance to collect new socks
- Snacks & Drinks – collect individually wrapped snacks and drinks, such as juice, bottled water, pudding cups, applesauce, cheese & crackers, pretzels, fruit snacks, etc.
- Pajama Party – have a PJ party and collect new pajamas, slippers, pillows and blankets
- Coats for Kids – new coats, jackets
- Bed & Bath party – new sheets, blankets, pillowcases, towels, wash cloths
- Blue Jean Day – collect new blue jeans for the Rainbow Room or let people wear blue jeans to work for a donation to the Children’s Center
Please contact Sandy Barber at the Fannin County Children’s Center at (903) 583-4339 or email@example.com to discuss our current needs and your plans and ideas.