What is the Rainbow Room?
It’s two emergency resource rooms stocked with new clothes, underwear, socks, shoes, coats, diapers, toiletries and other items. Our project is a joint effort between Child Protective Services (CPS) and the Fannin County Children’s Center for the children served by CPS, CASA and/or Children’s Advocacy Center. We have two sites – a smaller room at the CPS office and a larger room at the Children’s Center. Both rooms are stocked with community donations and run by volunteers. All cash and in-kind donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Can you take used items?
The short answer is no. Unfortunately, we do not have the space or manpower. In addition, there are several churches in Fannin County who operate used clothing closets and we don’t want to duplicate our efforts. Our children do get used clothing through these other sources and will get new clothing through this project. The children we serve have been abused and neglected. Often they have rarely, if ever, received new clothing or shoes. Getting new items can have a significant impact on the children in helping them feel cared for and fit in with their peers at school.
Did you know?
* there are more than one hundred Rainbow Rooms across the state of Texas
* the first Rainbow Room was started in Dallas in the early 1990′s
* Sort and organize donations
* Inventory items
* Data entry of inventory
* Go shopping and bargain hunting
* Organize a drive to collect clothes, coats, shoes, etc.
* New children’s clothing for infants through teens
* New coats & jackets
* New underwear & socks
* New shoes
* Diapers, Pull-ups and baby wipes
* Pacifiers, teething toys
* Personal hygiene items
* Gift cards to clothing & discount stores and fast food restaurants.
* Duffel bags
We also accept cash donations to help re-stock our room and fulfill the needs for specific children. Checks should be made out to FCCC and should indicate that your gift is designated for the Rainbow Room or you can give online now