Our Christmas Drive provides gifts of clothes, toys and other gifts to the children and youth who are being served by our two primary programs: CASA and the Children’s Advocacy Center. For the last several years, we have served 220-300 children for Christmas.
Some of the children helped by this project are living in foster homes, away from family and friends. Other children have gone to live with grandparents or other relatives as a result of abuse or neglect. Many of these families struggle financially when one or more children suddenly come to live with them. In other families, the discovery of sexual abuse in the home has meant the loss of family income when the offender leaves.
We need the communities help to provide gifts for children and youth ages 0-18. Each child will receive a hoodie, coat or shoes, a book and 3-5 age appropriate gifts. We suggest allocating $150 per child, whether you choose to purchase gifts or make a monetary donation. (If you cannot give $150, please do not worry, your gift will be combined with other gifts to make it all work out for ALL of the children and youth we serve.)
Please note that each paper teddy bear has only one wish each. We are often asked if this is the only thing this child will be getting? The short answer is “no.” Each child will get several Christmas presents. We split their presents up onto several teddy bears so that everyone who wants to help can, no matter what their budget allows. Everyone giving what they can adds up to a wonderful Christmas for all the children and youth served by our Center.
Many thanks to the following locations for setting up Teddy Bear Trees!
- Blessings & Butterflies
- Bonham Chrysler
- Bonham Veterinary Clinic
- Brookshire’s Grocery
- CapTex Bank (Bonham & Trenton)
- Fannin Bank (Bonham & Honey Grove)
- Farm N Home Casualty (Pierson and Fendley Insurance)
- First United Bank
- Gayle’s Restaurant
- Honey Grove Library & Learning Center
- Legend Bank
- Red River Gypsies
- Scriptx Honey Grove Pharmacy
- Stay Grounded Coffee Company
- Tax-Assessor Collector’s Office (Tag Office)
- Texas Farm Bureau Insurance
- Veritex Bank
Amazon Wish List – If you prefer to shop on-line, be sure to check out our Amazon Wish List! You can even choose to have your gifts delivered directly to our center. https://a.co/fTwO7Kb
Wish List for Christmas gifts for kids
- Toys for children under 3
- Arts and craft sets, markers, colored pencils, paints, paper, etc,
- Make up sets, perfume or cologne sets
- Bath & Body sets – for teen girls and teen boys
- Curling irons, straighteners and make up mirrors
- Blue tooth speakers, head phones and earbuds
- Lego sets
- Family board games
- Baby dolls with accessories such as strollers, beds, clothing, etc.
- Remote control cars and trucks
- Coats for boys and girls of all ages
- Hoodies for teens
- Tennis shoes
- Clothing for toddlers
- Hat, gloves and scarf sets
- Fleece or soft, fuzzy blankets
- Bedding sets (twin and full size)
- Sports ball – footballs, basketballs, volleyballs, soccer balls
- $25 Gift cards to WalMart and Amazon
- Gift cards to local fast food restaurants
For donors who are short on time, the center also accepts cash donations which will be used to purchase gifts. Make a check out to FCCC and indicate it is for Christmas or pay by credit or debit card and give now.
We ask that the donations arrive by Friday, December 9 or earlier if possible. Donations can be dropped off anytime we are open, Monday – Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
We will continue accepting donations past the deadline. We will start delivering presents in early December and will continue to do so, especially the week of Dec 12-16.
We will have extended holiday hours to allow more time to drop off gifts
8 am to 6 pm on December 6-8, 2022.
Bring gifts to the Children’s Center at 112 West Fifth Street, Bonham, TX 75418
Interested in hosting a collection drive or volunteering with this year’s Christmas Drive? Contact Amira or Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org or or email@example.com or (903) 583-4339 to learn more about how you can volunteer.