Class is 2 hours long and utilizes video, workbooks and class discussion.
Certificate given to all who successfully complete the class.
- A video integrating segments of sexual abuse survivors relating their stories of violation and healing, with segments from the author of the curriculum and from professionals who interface daily with the problem of sexual abuse.
- An interactive workbook for each participant to use and keep.
- Discussion about critical issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues within organizations that serve children and adolescents. Led by an authorized facilitator.
- Training covers signs and symptoms of child sexual abuse, how to respond to suspicions of child sexual abuse and strategies to prevent child sexual abuse.
What participants have said:
- “This training was perfect for me as an employee of our school district. Very informative.”
- “The program was great – very informative not only to implement in our jobs but in our homes too, with our own children, to make our world a better place for all the precious children.”
- “I thought this training needs to be mandatory for everyone who works with children in our church.”
PLEASE NOTE: we have cancelled our in-person classes set for March and April due to COVID-19. We are exploring options to conduct this class on-line. Stay tuned for details.
Can’t make it to one of our classes? Please know we strongly encourage people to take a class in person, because the quality of learning is better because there is an opportunity to discuss the materials and ask questions. However, we also believe that taking the class on-line is better than not taking the class at all.
On-line version of Stewards of Children, for a nominal fee from Darkness to Light at www.d2l.org