You can make a difference!
Open Your Heart
You can give a gift that will make a difference in the life of a child. Your tax deductible gift, no matter what size, will help ensure that critical services are available for abused and neglected children in Fannin County.
Memory & Honor Gifts
We gladly accept donations in honor or memory of a loved one. Be sure to let us know the name of the honored person and who we can send a card to in order to let them know you gave. We do not reveal the amount of the gift.
Gifts of $1,000 or more (individually or collectively) can be designated as Tribute Funds. The donor can name the fund in memory or honor of a loved one. The gift will be held in perpetuity for the long term needs of the center.
More ways you can make a difference:
- Become a CASA Volunteer.
- Invite the Children's Center to come speak to your civic group, club, Sunday School class or other group.
- Attend one of our classes to learn how to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Inventory, sort & organize items in the Rainbow Room.
- Become a foster or adoptive parent.
- Give your time.
- Be knowledgeable about the problem of child abuse & tell everyone you know about the problem.
- Know your legislators - you can vote, children can't.
- Share your talents.
- Organize a drive to collect items for the Rainbow Room.
- Make an in-kind donation.
- Arrange for your group or organization to get a tour of the Children's Center.
- Attend Justice Is Served.
- Like us on Facebook - Fannin County Children's Center
- Follow us on Twitter - FanninChildrenCenter @FanninCCC
- Follow us on Instagram - #fanninccc
- Have a baby shower to collect diapers and baby items for the Rainbow Room.
- Donate an auction item for Justice Is Served.
- Report any reasonable suspicions of child abuse to the 24 hour toll free hotline at 1-800-252-5400.
- Call the Children's Center at (903) 583-4339 to get involved.
We are always looking for volunteers to join our team! Apply Now
- CASA Advocates - We need some special people who are willing to take on an important role for abused children. Caring, committed adults who are willing to speak up for a child as they go through the court system are needed now for CASA.
- CAC Volunteers - Compassionate volunteers are needed to help supervise the children, youth and families who are waiting in the reception area for therapy and forensic interviews. Volunteers are needed primarily in the afternoons and early evening hours. Ideally, volunteers will work the same 2 or 3 hour shift each week.
- Office Volunteers - Volunteers are needed periodically to help answer phones, greet visitors to the center, get newsletters ready for mailing and other light office work.
- Rainbow Room - Volunteers are needed a couple times a month to sort donations and organize the clothing, shoes, diapers and other items in our Rainbow Room.
- Honey Doers - Volunteers who help with minor repairs and maintenance work around the center on an as needed basis.
- Hospitality Team - Volunteers who are willing to cook and bake food for various meetings and training hosted by the center.
- Special Events - Throughout the year, we have several special events, including Justice Is Served, School Supply Drive, Christmas Drive. Quite frankly, we could not pull off these events without the assistance of volunteers who help with event set-up, decorating and clean-up, organizing and preparing school supplies and more.
- Volunteer Application – click on the link below to apply to become a volunteer: Volunteer Application
For CASA Volunteers, contact Julie Luton at or (903) 583-4339.
For all other Children's Center Volunteers, contact Kesly Chacon at or (903) 583-4339.
Justice Is Served
Join us for a fun night for a great cause!
This year’s theme is "Stars and Stripes" as we celebrate Veteran’s Day!
Judges, police chiefs and other Honorable Servers will once again be serving up a buffet styled meal, catered by Feast On This! The evening will include silent auction, live auction, photo booth and a variety of games and music.
Tickets and tables are on sale now! Individual "early bird" tickets are on sale for $65. After November 6th, tickets are $75. Your name will be on the list at the door, no physical ticket necessary.
Buy Tickets Now
Doors to the Complex in Bonham will open at 6 pm on Saturday, November 11th, 2023.
The Baked Goods Auction will be online only on Wednesday, November 8th.
Feel free to email Kim if anything changes or you have any questions:
- JIS 2023 Sponsor Form
- 2023 Justice is Served Sponsorship Form
- 2023 Justice is Served Baked Goods Auction Donation Form
See Our Social Media Links for More Information!
Child Abuse Awareness Month
Go Blue Day - April 14, 2023
April is Child Abuse Awareness Month. This year, GO BLUE day is Friday, April 14, 2023 in Texas. It's a day to wear blue in honor and memory of child abuse victims. Wear blue, take some photos and post them!
Suggested hashtags include:
If you are willing to let us post your photo too, please tag us or email them to us at email@example.com.
Paint the Town Blue
We encourage participation and creativity on Go Blue Day and throughout the month of April. Put on your creative thinking caps and figure out how to “Paint our Town Blue.” Also, pinwheels are a symbol used by Children’s Advocacy Centers and child abuse prevention efforts across the country. Some ideas include:
- Decorate your place with blue ribbons, blue lights and/ or blue pinwheels.
- For downtown businesses, paint your windows with messages and designs in blue.
- Tie blue ribbons around trees or poles.
- Post the slogan “No Excuse for Child Abuse” on your outdoor marquee signs
- Raise funds for the Children’s Center by having a Blue Jean Day at your workplace. Employees who donate $5 get to wear blue jeans to work.
- Get blue light bulbs for your front porch.
- Get creative, like the students at LH Rather Junior High, who stuck blue plastic cups in the fence and to spell out “No Excuse for Child Abuse.”
- Get Blue Shirts & Signs for your business, church, school or home.
Blue Sunday - April 30, 2023
On the last Sunday of April, faith communities across our country are asked to pray for abused and neglected children, as well as the volunteers and professionals who work with them. Go to www.BlueSunday.org for more ideas and resources.
Kids Art Contest
2013 Second Place Winner
Calling all young artists! The Children’s Center is seeking artwork to use in our upcoming annual campaign and help us celebrate 30 years of serving children.
There will be ribbons and cash prizes for top two entries. Winning artwork will be reproduced on cards to help us raise funds to provide advocacy, counseling and other critical support services for abused and neglected children in Fannin County.
Our judges will be looking for artwork that is eye catching and heart warming and illustrates the theme "Open Your Heart" and helps us celebrate our 30th Anniversary. Additional suggested themes include caring, hope, healing, giving to help children. Artists may want to include one or more of the following phrases in their creations:
- Open Your Heart
- Fannin County Children’s Center
- 30th Anniversary (or 30th Birthday)
- 30 Years of Serving Children
First place: $100 cash
Second place: $50 cash
Entry deadline: 5 pm February 13, 2023
Winners will be announced on our website and social media pages. We will also call the winners at the number listed on the entry form.
Download and print the art contest flyer listed below, which includes an entry form that must be attached to the back of the artwork. If you do not have a printer, forms are available at the center at 112 W. 5th in Bonham.
Spring Bake Sale
The Spring Bake Sale will be online only on Thursday, April 6, 2023.
- Bidding starts at 9:00 am and ends at 5:30 pm on Thursday, April 6.
- Winners can pick up their goodies at the center on Thursday, April 6 from 5:30 – 7:00 pm or on Friday, April 7 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Bidders are required to register with a credit or debit card. Winners can pay with the card they registered with or by cash or check.
- Funds raised will be used to support all of the services provided by the center.
To preview items and bid:
Spring Bake Sale Auction Items Are Closed
There are many ways to give to the Children’s Center! Which ever way you choose to give, please know that your gift will help provide critical support services to children from hard places. Your gifts will help kids heal, grow and thrive!